|Overcall Level||Example||Points Needed|
|One Level||1C – (1S)|
|Two of a minor||1D – (2C)|
|Two of a major||1D – (2H)|
|Three Level||1H – (3D)|
|Four Level||1S – (4C)|
The upper limit for a negative double is _________________.
These Doubles Aren’t Negative
- When the opponents overcall in NT.
- When the opponents make a cue bid, like Michaels.
In these cases, double shows ________ __________, around ________ HCP or greater.
- After 1C – (1D), the double promises ___________ major(s).
- After 1C – (1H), a double shows exactly __________ spades, while a 1S bid shows ______________ spades.
- After 1H – (1S), a double promises ____________minor(s) .
- After 1D – (2C), a double promises _____________major(s).
- After 1H – (2C), the double promises ______________ but says nothing about _________.
- Answering in the Promised Suit
After Partner Makes a Negative Double
o Bidding the indicated suit at the cheapest level shows a _______ opener. Sometimes when no other call is suitable opener has to bid this with as few as _______ cards in the suit.
o Jumps in the promised suit invite a game.
- Rebidding Notrump
o Rebids in NT at the appropriate level promise a ____________ in the overcall suit.
- Rebidding Opened Suit
o Minimum rebid in opened suit may be done with as few as _____ cards in the suit.
- Bidding a New suit
o Bidding a new lower ranking suit is __________.
o Bidding a new higher-ranking suit is a ___________. (Example: 1C – (1S) – X – (P) – 2D)
o A cuebid of the overcall suit is _______________.
- Converting the Negative Double to Penalty
o The lower the level, the more this should be based on ________ quality.
o At higher levels, opener is more likely to convert based on __________ _________.
- When you play negative doubles you lose the ability to make a direct ___________ double of their overcall.
- With a hand that wants to penalize their overcall, responder has to _____ and wait for his partner to ____________ with a ____________.
- As opener, if the overcall is passed around to you, you should strive to reopen with _________________ in their suit, even with a ________________ opener.
o Example: Opener: S: AQxx H:x D: KQxxx C:xxx. After opening 1D, you hear 1H on your left, pass from your partner and pass from your right hand opponent. Your next call should be ______________ .